2016 China Overview – Radio
In 2015, the number of China radio audience decreased and was diversified in terms of different regions. However, China in-vehicle radio market had been improving continuously. Cars were the only radio-listening places that had seen an increase in the radio market scale in 2015.
2016 China Overview – Radio
- In 2015, the number of China radio audience reached 688 million and increased by 1.03%. Core audience group was 25-44 years old with above senior high school education level and above 3,000 yuan monthly salary on average.
- China radio reach rate was stable at 59.7% in 2015. Based on the historical data, other mass media and new media did not greatly affect audiences’ enthusiasm on radio usage.
- Radio ad expenses had become the highest among all the traditional media in 2015, and increased by a year-on-year 14%. Radio ad expenses contributed by IT industry and office automation industry increased the most, while ad expenses from cosmetic and alcohol industry decreased the most in 2015.
- In China, regional radios, such as provincial radios and city radios, accounts for 90% of the total market share. East China has the richest radio resources and the most competitive market.
- China’s overall radio audience rate slightly declined by 3.33% in 2015 and showed different performances in different markets. In 35 cities, 20 cities’ audience rate slipped while 15 ones ascended.
- News, traffic and music radio channels accounted for about 70% of the market share in 2015. News radio was most welcomed and followed by traffic channels which now have become more segmented, such as traffic music, traffic life, traffic economy and traffic travel based on drivers’ different listening needs and preferences.
- In 2015, cars were the only radio-listening places that had seen an increase in the radio market scale. The audience who listen to radios in the car were characterized as middle-aged males with relatively high education and salary level.
China Marketing Agency
China All-media Marketing
Beyond Summits Ltd is a leading all-media China marketing agency, offering one-stop total marketing solutions.
CROSS-BORDER MARKETING & GLOBAL MARKETING
Helping you connect your brands with international consumers & clients.
CHINA DIGITAL MARKETING, SOCIAL MARKETING & MOBILE MARKETING
We’re a leading digital, social and mobile marketing agency in China.
CHINA ADVERTISING & MEDIA BUYING
As the leading advertising agency, offering professional services of global media buying, advertising creative and production.
DESTINATION MARKETING & DESTINATION BRANDING
Providing professional services of destination marketing & branding to both international and China domestic destinations
We offer MICE services from venue finding, hotel accommodation to the complete management of your event.
Event & PR
We offer comprehensive services of online and offline event, EPR and TPR.
China Marketing Consultant
Providing Chinese consumer insight, China market research and China marketing strategy consulting services